From partnerships to a new ASC, here are six cardiology updates Becker's has reported on since May 3:
1. Cardiology procedures are continuing to migrate to the ASC setting, leaders said at a March 22 California Ambulatory Surgery Association summit with payers and industry stakeholders.
2. US Heart and Vascular partnered with Memorial Katy Cardiology Associates, a Houston-based cardiovascular physician practice.
3. HonorHealth broke ground on a cardiovascular ASC in Scottsdale, Ariz., as part of a $60 million expansion project at HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center.
4. Individuals in their 20s and 30s with mental disorders face a higher risk of having a heart attack or stroke.
5. As the prevalence of cardiovascular disease and illness continues to grow in the U.S., so does the demand for cardiovascular care. It is estimated that the U.S. cardiovascular market size sits around $50 billion, according to a May 2 report from JD Supra.
6. US Heart & Vascular partnered with Nashville, Tenn.-based healthcare investment firm Rubicon Founders to expand USHV's capabilities.