Here are five colonoscopy and endoscopy updates for gastroenterology since April 13:
1. Smart Medical Systems secured an additional FDA clearance for its G-Eye colonoscope, making it available for use with three large endoscopy brands: Olympus, Fujifilm and Pentax Medical.
2. Medical device company EvoEndo completed an $8.4 million series A financing round and plans to use the funding to support the commercial launch of a single-use endoscopy system.
3. Fujifilm was awarded a five-year, multimillion-dollar military contract to provide endoscopy services.
4. SonoScape's HD-550 video endoscopy system received FDA 510(k) clearance for gastrointestinal diagnosis.
5. Augusta (Ga.) University Health is the first in the state to offer artificial intelligence-assisted colonoscopy.