Here are 17 new ASCs Becker's has reported on in June:
1. Buffalo, N.Y.-based ophthalmology group UBMD Ophthalmology is doubling the capacity of its Ross Eye Institute with an expansion project that will include a new ASC.
2. A $5 million medical center with an ASC is coming to Kissimmee, Fla.
3. Raleigh, N.C.-based Compass Surgical Partners joined with Greenville, S.C.-based Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital and local physicians to build an ASC.
4. A former movie theater in Kissimmee, Fla., is being converted into a medical office building that will be home to an ASC, a lab and a radiology center.
5. The Chattanooga (Tenn.) Chamber of Commerce hosted a ribbon cutting for a medical office building that includes an independent spine and orthopedic ASC.
6. Little Rock-based University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is planning to open a new specialty center and ASC in the city.
7. Mt. Vernon, Wash.-based Skagit Regional Health is building a new ASC.
8. Dallas-based United Surgical Partners International, a Tenet Healthcare subsidiary, is building a medical office building and ASC in partnership with a group of physician investors.
9. Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare is planning a hospital and ASC in Port St. Lucie, Fla.
10. Danville, Pa.-based Geisinger Health Systems plans to develop a $500 million to $600 million hospital with an ASC.
11. Novant Health is constructing a $12 million medical office building on its Brunswick County campus in Bolivia, N.C.
12. Wilmington (N.C.) Health, a multispecialty clinic, opened its first ASC.
13. Northwell Health broke ground on the Katz Women's Surgical Center at Glen Cove (N.Y.) Hospital.
14. Minneapolis-based Allina Health opened a joint-venture ASC in Minneapolis.
15. Atlanta-based Northside Hospital system is adding an ASC with its expansion in Snellville, Ga.
16. Dallas-based Baylor Scott & White is opening a multispecialty ASC in Southlake, Texas.
17. Porterville, Calif.-based Sierra View Medical Center opened its new subspecialty ASC.