Walter Wofford, MD, is the newest full-time physician at Mount Airy, N.C.-based Northern Hospital of Surry County's Pain Management facility in Elkin, N.C., The Mount Airy News reports.
Here are five details:
1. Dr. Wofford specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation. He treats patients experiencing pain and/or loss of functional abilities resulting from injuries or drug addiction.
2. Dr. Wofford earned his medical degree from Winston-Salem, N.C.-based Wake Forest University College of Medicine. He completed an internship, a residency and a fellowship at Lexington-based University of Kentucky.
3. Outside of work, he enjoys backyard grilling and spending time with his wife and 3-year-old daughter.
4. Physicians founded Elkin-based Northern Pain Management 16 years ago, first naming it Revival. The practice sees about 1,900 patients monthly.
5. Northern Hospital of Surry County also operates a pain management practice in Mount Airy.