The Wall Street Journal has released its list of the best colleges for 2024, with several private universities clinching the top spots.
In a Sept. 13 report, CNBC named the top 10 best public colleges in the U.S. using the Journal's report, which ranked universities based on factors including student experience, campus diversity, financial outcomes and how long it takes graduates to pay off student debt.
The 10 best public colleges of 2024, per The Wall Street Journal:
1. University of Florida (Gainesville)
2. New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark)
3. University of Michigan (Ann Arbor)
4. Florida International University (Miami)
5. University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
6. Texas A&M University (College Station)
7. Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta)
8. University of Utah (Salt Lake City)
9. University of Connecticut (Storrs)
10. Baruch College (New York City)