ASC expert group Avanza Healthcare Strategies laid out the growing relationship between hospitals and ASCs in its "Hospital Leadership ASC Survey."
Here are five stats to know from the report:
1. More than 7 out of 10 systems intend to continue investing in and affiliating with ASCs moving forward.
2. Hospitals prefer to own more than 50% of their ASC investments, and a growing number prefer to own 100%.
3. The survey found a 61% increase in hospitals who own 100% of their ASCs from the year prior.
4. Forty-eight percent of respondents said their organization has at least one ASC in 2023, up from 41% in 2019.
5. Respondents cited regulatory obstacles, lack of outpatient surgical volume, ASCs not being a priority as reasons why they don't have ASCs.