ASCs and hospitals are doubling down on their outpatient cardiology offerings, and U.S. News released its list of best hospitals for cardiology.
Here are seven updates to know:
1. Here are four ASCs and hospitals doubling down on outpatient cardiology.
2. Physician-owned, Charlotte, N.C.-based Antezana Multi-Specialty Center reached a construction milestone.
3. New heart failure diagnoses occur at a higher rate in the emergency department or during hospitalization — particularly among women, Black adults and those with a lower net worth, according to research recently published in Heart Failure.
4. Cardiologists at Chicago-based Northwestern Medicine became the first in the U.S. to use a 3D intracardiac echo device to treat heart arrhythmia.
5. Cynthia Hughes, BSN, RN, service line director of cardiology supply chain at Irving, Texas-based Christus Health, discussed the biggest challenges of managing a cardiology supply chain.
6. New York City-based Mount Sinai Health System selected Filip Swirski, PhD, to serve as director of its new cardiovascular research institute.
7. Atlanta-based Emory Healthcare became the first health system in Georgia to perform 1,000 heart transplants.
8. Here are the top 20 hospitals for cardiology and heart surgery.