Here are four newly announced or opened cardiology ASCs reported by Becker's since Aug. 7:
1. Northern Arizona Healthcare plans to open a new cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgery clinic in Flagstaff, Ariz.
2. Ascension Medical Group opened Ascension Medical Group Georgetown (Texas) Health Center, a multispecialty health center providing specialty care including general surgery, cardiovascular care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and spine care.
3. York, Pa.-based WellSpan Health plans to construct an ASC and medical office building in the state's South Middleton Township. The ASC and medical offices will provide cardiology and orthopedic services and other outpatient care.
4. Rockville Centre, N.Y.-based Catholic Health opened an ambulatory and urgent care center in Centereach, N.Y. Services provided at the facility include primary care, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, rheumatology, gastroenterology and orthopedics.
Here are six newly announced or opened cardiology ASCs reported by Becker's since June 16.
1. Boise-based High Desert Heart & Vascular opened the first independent cardiology group in the Treasure Valley region of Idaho.
2. Statesboro-based East Georgia Medical & Surgical Associates opened East Georgia Cardiology, a clinic to be led by interventional cardiologist Richard Petrella, MD.
3. AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiology opened three new locations in Georgia — two in Rome and one in Calhoun.
4. Newark, Del.-based ChristianaCare expanded its services in Maryland with the opening of ChristianaCare Cardiology at Elkton.
As cardiology procedures continue to migrate to the ASC setting, here is a new cardiology ASC to watch and a multimillion dollar gift to fund research at a cardiology medical center, as reported by Becker's in May.
1. Children's Hospital of Philadelphia received a multimillion-dollar gift from the Topolewski family to advance pediatric heart valve research through the Topolewski Pediatric Heart Valve Center and establish an endowed chair in pediatric cardiology.
2. HonorHealth broke ground on a cardiovascular ASC in Scottsdale, Ariz., as part of a $60 million expansion project at HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center.
Here are three newly opened or announced cardiology ASCs and one new telehealth offering, as reported by Becker's in April:
1. Nashville-based US Heart & Vascular announced a partnership with Wichita-based Heartland Cardiology, marking its first expansion into Kansas.
2. Morgantown, W.Va.-based Mon Health System began offering cardiology telemedicine services to its patients in Parkersburg, W.Va. Telemedicine services will be coordinated through the Mon Heart Health and Vascular Center office in Morgantown and will be provided by interventional cardiologist Bradford Warden, MD.
3. Irving, Texas-based Christus Health acquired CardiaStream, a cardiology group in Tyler, Texas, to form the largest cardiology group in East Texas. CardiaStream, also known as Cardiovascular Associates of East Texas, has 13 locations throughout the region.
4. New York City-based NYU Langone Health opened the Joseph S. and Diane H. Steinberg Ambulatory Care Center, a multispecialty center housing 19 medical and surgical specialties, including orthopedics, gastroenterology and cardiology.