Heather Cianfrocco is president of Optum, parent company of ASC chain SCA Health.
Here are five things to know about Ms. Cianfrocco, according to the company's website:
1. As president, Ms. Cianfrocco's responsibilities include leading Optum's pharmacy and care-delivery capabilities with a focus on value-based care and the integration of medical, behavioral and pharmacy services.
2. Ms. Cianfrocco serves as the executive sponsor of UnitedHealth Group’s LGBTQ+ employee resource group and is a member of the Women's Leader Advisory Council.
3. She first joined UnitedHealth Group in 2008 and has since held numerous leadership roles. She also previously served as CEO of OptumRx and CEO for Optum's Health Services division.
4. She previously served as CEO of UnitedHealthcare Community & State, senior vice president of health advancement and clinical transformation for UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement, and CEO of state and regional health plans.
5. Before pivoting to healthcare leadership roles, Ms. Cianfrocco worked as an attorney, representing healthcare entities in mergers and acquisitions.