Ten private-equity backed giants control over 300 ophthalmology practices nationwide, having a major hand in the industry. Here are the 10 largest private equity companies in ophthalmology:
1. Blue Point Capital Partners is a private equity firm and a value-added partner that provides business growth solutions. Blue Point controls several eyecare brands, including reading glasses company Eyebobs and eyewear frame designer Europa Eyewear.
2. Ascend Vision Partners is a private equity fund offering operational, administrative, revenue cycle and marketing services to its 11 practices in the Southeast.
3. Retina Consultants of America is the largest retina care provider in the nation, managing over 220 physicians at 200 practices across 20 states.
4. Prism Vision Group is an integrated eye care organization that affiliates with independent eye practices to strengthen them. It is affiliated with 22 practices on the East Coast.
5. EyeSouth Partners is a private-equity-backed management firm with 35 affiliated practices and 290 physicians across 160 locations.
6. Vision Integrated Partners is a private-equity-backed medical and ASC management company. It has 23 practices and 12 ASCs across 56 locations.
7. Unifeye Vision Partners provides growth opportunities for its partners. It has 17 ophthalmology and ASC partners nationwide.
8. Sight360 is a multidisciplinary team providing services for its 16 vision care centers and nine ophthalmologists across Florida.
9. EyeCare Partners is a physician-led, private-equity-backed management organization with 65 ophthalmology and optometry practice partners nationwide.
10. Advancing Eyecare is backed by private equity firm Atlantic Street Capital. It has one of the largest portfolios of ophthalmic products and instruments in the U.S.