From a new surgical institute to surgery centers growing their orthopedic teams, here are six orthopedic updates Becker's has reported on since Feb. 17:
1. OrthoAlliance added Chardon, Ohio-based Precision Orthopaedic Specialties and Chardon Surgery Center to its network.
2. Chicago is the best paying city for orthopedic surgeons with 15 to 21 years of experience in any practice setting when comparing the five most populous cities in the U.S., according to Medscape's Salary Explorer.
3. Loma Linda, Calif.-based Bones and Spine Surgery opened its new Loma Linda Surgical Institute, which is the first ASC in the Inland Empire region to offer outpatient robotic spine surgery.
4. Orthopaedic Medical Group Surgery Center in Lithia, Fla., added orthopedic surgeon Nick Sexton, MD, to its team.
5. Glenwood Springs, Colo.-based Valley View completed 1,000 procedures using Stryker's Mako robotic arm.
6. The Orthopedic Surgery Center in Youngstown, Ohio, recorded its highest patient surgical volume in 2022, prompting the practice to hire roughly five new staff members and expand its campus through the addition of a 36,000-square-foot clinic housing Youngstown Orthopaedic Associates.