Jackson, Tenn.-based Physicians Surgery Center secured its second robotic system for orthopedic surgery: Smith+Nephew's CORI Surgical System.
Five things to know:
1. The robotic-assisted platform is designed to improve surgical planning and implant alignment in total and partial knee replacements.
2. Physicians Surgery Center is one of West Tennessee Bone & Joint Clinic's 12 locations. Both are led by Donna Klutts, CEO and administrative director.
3. Orthopedic surgeons with West Tennessee Bone & Joint Clinic began using robotics at Physicians Surgery Center in July 2018, when they introduced Smith+Nephew's Navio robotic-assisted surgery system.
4. Since then, they have used the technology in more than 1,200 arthroplasties at West Tennessee Bone & Joint locations in Jackson and Paris.
5. Surgeons at West Tennessee Bone & Joint Clinic in Paris also use Stryker's Mako robotic system.