ASCs in four states have brought outpatient total joint replacements to their centers so far this year.
Becker's ASC Review reported on five surgery centers that introduced them since January.
1. Vancouver (Wash.) Clinic performed its first knee replacement surgery in its ASC.
2. Natick, Mass.-based New England Surgical Suites announced the completion of the center's first total shoulder replacement.
3. Newtown Square, Pa.-based Premier Orthopaedics added outpatient knee replacements at its surgery center in Exton, Pa.
4. Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster (Pa.) is now performing outpatient joint replacement surgeries at the North Pointe Surgery Center.
5. Palo Alto Medical Foundation's Surgery Center Mountain View (Calif.), a Sutter Health affiliate, completed its first outpatient total joint replacement.