The healthcare industry continues to be a challenging environment, especially when it comes to navigating supply chain. There are a few steps you can take to optimize the supply chain in your Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC).
It begins with a thorough review of current processes and involves some high-level strategies to keep in mind:
- Conduct a walk through from when products are received to when they reach the clinician’s hands
- Re-arrange supplies to optimize space
- Monitor rapidly changing schedules and case volumes
- Maintain supply room inventory & Periodic Automatic Replacement (PAR) levels
- Find balance between procedures, supplies, & inventory
- Manage supplies for optimal Operating Room (OR) performance
Finding the balance between the number of cases, supplies used for specific procedures, and inventory on hand to accommodate the constantly changing and challenging circumstances contributes to optimal OR and overall ASC performance. For more tips and strategies for process improvement in your facility, visit our Ambulatory Surgery Center page.